Monday, November 23, 2009

Injured

On Friday night, I trained with Ponlok, Shells & Hiep at the park on St Johns Road. Those boys are troopers. It was awesome to train with them and witness their strength and perseverance. Very inspirational.

We then headed back to Ponlok's gym to do some Olympic lifts. They insisted I try a 50kg clean when I've only ever done it at 40kg comfortably. I knew I wouldn't have been able to do it. A 10kg difference on a clean is a huge difference. I gave into the pressure and thought I'd give it a go anyway. What could go wrong, right? Dropped it the first time, no harm done. Dropped it the second time and it fell against my left hand, pushing it way too far back. I was unable to move my hand afterwards or hold anything without feeling pain. Still swollen and bruised today.

Silly is what they call me.

No comments: