Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A healthy diet is the building block to being healthy. Exercise comes seconds.

As many rounds in 20 minutes of:
100m Sprint
5 Front Squats, 30kg
5 Push Presses, 30kg
11 rounds

My body is not feeling 100% today. I hope it's in top condition for two hits of CF.

Mum is away for the week and food supply in my house is starting to run low. Will have to do the groceries tomorrow to stock up on the essentials. My shopping list includes eggs, apples, almond spread, pumpkin, spinach, frozen berries and a BBQ chicken.

Eating healthy requires a lot of preparation. Once my vegetable, fruit and protein supplies start running low, I make a list of what I need to stock up on and hit the supermarket the day after. It helps a lot having a mum who also ensures there's an abundance of healthy foods at home. Even better that 80% of the time, she makes food that I can Zone and I am so grateful for that. We are probably one of the few Asian households that don't base each meal around rice dishes (only my dad does and occasionally, my mum will).

2 comments:

-»drOøLie said...

yawwwh cuz rice is a no no! :D

but yeh.. welcome to my world, i have to go buy vegetables and do the groceries every week and each time i spend $30+ cuz everything is so expensive here!!

C said...

=(

make that spinach and pumpkin salad of mine. yum. the dressing is olive oil, lemon, seeded mustard and honey. i wanna make it tomorrow!