Friday, October 9, 2009

WOD
5 rounds for time of:
5 Deadlifts, 60kg
10 Burpees
7:07 minutes

Skills
Kipping pull ups

Got to get rid of that voice in my head. I'm sure I could have shaved about two minutes off that time if I didn't stop to catch my breath after the burpees or stop in the middle of the burpees. You don't need to catch your breath to do the deadlifts better. It's just your head telling you to take a break. You don't need to jog instead of run, it's just that voice in your head telling your legs to go a little easy. You don't need to rest after a rep unless you push through the pain and fail.

It's starting to get even more serious now. I'm setting goals for myself and a time period to achieve them in. I'm on the Zone, but I'm still tweaking it. I want to compete, especially in the CrossFit Regional Qualifiers halfway through next year for the CrossFit Games in 2010. I want to conquer a muscle-up in eight months. I want to be able to belt out 20 kipping pull-ups in a row and at least 5 strict pull ups.

I know what I have to do to get there. Doesn't matter what I have to give up, I will do it.

Happy days to come!