Saturday, January 31, 2009

This is what yesterday's workout looked like:

"CrossFit Total"
Back squat, 1 rep
Shoulder Press, 1 rep
Deadlift, 1 rep

70, 30, 80kg
Total: 180kg

Disappointing effort. No motivation and wasn't feeling 100%. Headed to Khang's after for his "Shut the F up and Train" session which consisted of exercises involving kettlebells, sandbags, tyres and resistance bands. Some things that happened during the session:
  • ran as far as I could with the resistance band holding me back, only to be flung back on my ass and pulled along on the ground... twice
  • dropped the 12kg kettlebell on my right foot. The bruise is about 4cm wide and 9cm long. I was limping all evening, but I can't work properly now
  • bruised both my arms because the kettlebell kept knocking them

Dragon boat training this evening followed by a, er, "bonding" session which, apparently, we need before the CNY race next Saturday.

1 comment:

Michael said...

for a second i thought i read "bondage" session. if that was the case, sign me up for VADB ASAP!