Thursday, May 28, 2009

I haven't been training very consistently lately because of lack of motivation. Ah well. Give it another week or so and I'll be right back into ass-kicking CrossFit workouts.

I've been thinking about jumping into the pool again and picking up Yoga at YogaVibe. I'll definitely be giving the Yoga ago, but getting back into swimming is going to take a lot of effort.

Today, I decided to go for a jog in the afternoon. Jogged to the Eva Wesley Bridge and did my plyometric exercises:

10 stair runs
Walk down ramp
5 stair runs
5 frog leaps
Walk down ramp
5 stair runs
5 frog leaps

I was already wrecked after the first set of frog leaps and I had the biggest urge to say, "Stuff the last 10 exercises" but I stayed quiet and painfully complete the rest. The last set of frog leaps hurt the most. My legs were wobbly at the top of the stairs and I either hung onto the railings at the top or collapsed.

Feels awesome completing a workout that leaves you feeling sick and dizzy.

2 comments:

Michael said...

what does plyometric exercise focus on?

C said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plyometrics

=)