Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Nationals is fast approaching and I've taken a rest from my daily CrossFit fix.

Over the weekend, I felt my body start to fatigue. I started getting sleepy earlier and I'd still be very tired in the mornings, even though I had enough sleep that night. I also started getting cold symptoms and my body was just tired overall. Sunday came around and it was time to do the erg trials again and that's when I knew that I definitely needed to let my body recover. No more CrossFit in the mornings and water training in the evenings.

We jet off to Queensland on Thursday at 1:50PM. I don't want Thursday to come around so fast, because that'll just mean that it'll end sooner. But then again, I'm relieved that tonight's water session will be the last one for a six months or so. It'll be good to have that time off and to not have to schedule things around dragon boating commitments. However, it'll also be sad, especially because I won't be seeing the team as many days a week as I do now.

Nevertheless, I'm feeling excited though. I'm hungry for a win. Even though I'm not expecting the Mixed team to qualify for Macau (average top 3 placing for 200m, 500m and 2km race), I want some kind of hardware awarded to the Mixed team to finish off the season. We've been disappointed too many times. If we don't qualify for Macau, I'll be sad. If we don't win anything, I'll be even more upset.

1 comment:

Michael said...

You may be training hard and eating cleanly, but you are not resting well!

Try rubbing some vicks vaporub on your chest, on your nose, and on the back of your neck, and sit above a bowl filled with steaming water.